Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hot Babes In Toyland

A) I realize how pink my blog is
B) The Title comes from a play, i recently auditioned for... hold any forms of judgement that may be creeping up your spine right now, because it's a funny story.
C) I am following "The Artist's Way" at the moment, so ultimately i am unblocking any artistic flow that might have been jammed, and I now have an overwhelming desire to celebrate my vagina. hence the pink blog. again no judegement i pray thee, it is all part of the process of getting back in touch with my inner artist child. yes the one who used to paint the walls with poop. that one. Hello.

going back to point A. which is explained in point C. So on to point B.

I'm sitting at my computer desk, doing my usual, drinking tea with my soymilk, just having done my morning pages, I get online to check out the audition page. AH! AN Audition! Tomorrow!! YEA... breakdown reads... "HOT BABES IN TOYLAND, Roles: Serendip and Heavenique... requirements, must be at least 5'7 and supermodel hot." Riiiight. So, desperate for work of any kind, I send off my headshot and resume... And the next day i get a confirmed audition slot that evening. From morning till about an hour before i need to leave, I am going back and forth... should i even go.. I am not super model hot, I'm bloated, about to start my period, I just don't feel cute, what am I going to wear to make myself look tall and seductive... WHY AM I EVEN PUTTING MYSELF THROUGH THIS, I AM AN ACTRESS DAMN IT! Love me for my TALENT not my tits... Well finally I say F*** it.. just go. just go, just go and have fun. ANd feeeeel sexy... all you need to do is FEEL sexy, you don't really Need to BEEE sexy.
I break out my knee high black socks with red cherries on them, a tight blue jean dress, a cardigan tied tightly under my breasts, OH and a velvet red belt to inhance my curves... Of course I end up looking like a hooker... But who cares I am late no time to readjust. I run out the door. I am jogging half way down the block, and reconsider taking my bike it will be faster, so i jog back, but while running, i decided that no way am i going to be able to cycle in this spandex of a dress, so i turn around and jog a little bit faster to make up for lost time. as i am going down my adorable neighborhood sidewalk tucked in the woods of west seattle I pass these two hip indie chicks with their clogs on, and knitted sweaters and scarves, and their raw food cheeks glowing, and their nicely weaved basket, squatting down at their garden picking dandelion leaves, surely to go with their wholesome bread they have cooking, and vegetarian chili on the stove... and i think aw, i like those women, i would like to be their friend... But then I rememeber how i must look with my dark eyeliner and red lipstick, and cherry knee high socks, and i turn red with embarrasement and look down wondering whether or not i should explain that I am an actress... I don't, and as i become more and more flustered I start becoming rather clumsy in my walk and the way I am swaying my hands... needless to say, I am NOT looking sexy, Let alone FEELING sexy at all right now. the opening shot from "Steel Magnolias" comes to mind when the hair dresser is walking down the surburban neighborhood in her heels and tight skirt... awkward.
Finally I make it to the Bus, I end up not having enough change, but the bus driver says thats alright little lady... Yessssss, I am looking sexy... bus driver approaves, check. homeless guy tells me if only he were 20 years younger, double check, and as i move to the back of the bus to avoid any more hooker related insults his friend says, and she smells good too. check check check... I am definitely feelin good.
I'm sitting in the bus trying to cool down realizing that i haven't shaved in over two months, and my knee socks are rolling down to reveal a pasty hairy knee cap, and if i need to remove my cardigan well i'm completely SOL. As I am sporting what i think as a beautiful black main growing, some people (American Men) wouldn't consider that "super hot".

3 comments:

  1. are you KIDDING me??! you better finish this please! what happened at the audition?

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy hell, girl ,you can write...so yeah i agree with Kels..what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that was a fun day... I did finish the story however... if you are still curious. xx

    ReplyDelete